Upper Respiratory Infections Summary
• Make sure to get plenty of rest to fight off infection.
• Stay hydrated with fluids to thin any mucus.
• Use a humidifier or steam inhalation for easier breathing and less risk of infection.
• Gargle with warm water and salt to relieve soreness in the throat.
• Talk to a doctor about taking medication for symptom management.
Upper respiratory infections can be tricky to deal with, but there are a few things that can help you recover quickly and safely.
First, make sure that you get plenty of rest. Your body needs time to fight off the infections, so don’t be afraid to take some extra naps and turn in early at night.
Second, stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and other fluids to help thin the mucus in your throat, which can make it easier to cough up any congestion. You might also try some hot tea with honey or lemon to soothe your throat.
Third, use a humidifier or steam inhalation. This can help you breathe more easily as well as reduce your risk of further infections.
Fourth gargle with warm water and salt to help relieve any soreness or irritation in your throat.
Finally, speak to your doctor if you’d like to take an over-the-counter medication to help manage your symptoms.
I’m Dr. David Long. That was the long story short.
Hey, be sure and sign up for our email newsletter to get lots of great tips and great information to help you be the best youth possible.