The Lubbock Cooper Health Center provides a rewarding, mission-driven environment where every team member is vitally important in making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click on a opening below for more info and contact us today.
We are looking for an organized patient representative to join our medical practice. You will be responsible for an array of activities related to patient intake and care, including greeting and checking-in patients, as well as verifying information supplied by patients. You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate exceptional multitasking abilities.
To be successful as a patient representative you must be able to facilitate and coordinate communication between patients, family members, and medical staff.
Patient Representative Responsibilities:
- Greeting and directing patients to examination rooms.
- Scheduling patient appointments and making reminder calls.
- Informing patients about delays and waiting times.
- Obtaining patients’ addresses, contact details, insurance information, and medical histories.
- Updating and verifying patient information at every visit.
- Assisting patients in filling out patient history forms, consent forms, and payment contract forms, when necessary.
- Receiving and processing cash and credit card payments for medical services rendered.
- Reviewing patient accounts, identifying delinquent accounts, and collecting overdue payments.
- Answering, investigating, and/or directing patient inquiries or complaints to the appropriate medical staff member.
- Following up with patients to ensure their inquiry or complaint has been satisfactorily resolved.
- Performing administrative and clerical duties, such as filing paperwork, when necessary.
Patient Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Experience working as a patient representative.
- Knowledge of medical terms and practices.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.)
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians’ instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Change dressings on wounds.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, or office supplies or equipment.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
- Keep financial records or perform other bookkeeping duties, such as handling credit or collections or mailing monthly statements to patients.
- Operate x-ray, electrocardiogram (EKG), or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
We are seeking a Registered/Certified Medical Assistant/NCT (X-RAY) with EXPERIENCE to become a part of our Urgent Care team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
Clinic hours are M-F 8:00am-6:00pm , Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm
Qualified candidates must be able to perform various duties that may include: x-rays, scheduling, assisting with procedures, cleaning and stocking rooms, refills, pre-certs, scheduling procedures, lab work, EHR charting and various administrative duties as needed.
- Must HAVE current NCT certification with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience with X-rays
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to be fast and efficient
Job Type: Full-time
Busy Family medicine practice looking to hire a pre-healthcare student or recent college graduate who is interested in pursuing a career in the medical field.
You must be able to commit to working a minimum of 25 hours per week. A minimum commitment of at least 9 months is required for this job. This job is VERY unique and one of a kind! We strive to help get employees into their chosen graduate school, med school, PA school, nursing, etc, when they work for us for at least 9-12 months, and you will also receive an outstanding letter of recommendation. We can work with your school schedule if you are taking classes from semester to semester.
The ideal candidate is looking to gain experience to apply to medical school, PA school, nursing school, physical therapy school, or similar healthcare program. As a member of our team you would be trained in the front office to assist with checking in patients, answering phones, learning medical insurance details, and scheduling appointments. You would also be trained as a medical assistant to directly assist the physicians, assist in office visits and procedures, scribe for the physicians, room patients, take patient histories, chart in electronic medical records, and help with patient care duties in the clinic. It is an exciting job that every pre-health care student dreams of having!!
This is an incredible opportunity to gain firsthand medical experience that will give you valuable skills for your future healthcare career. It will also make an outstanding part of your application to your chosen school that will set you apart from other applicants!
Come join our team! Must be a team player, hard worker, friendly, outgoing, and a good multi-tasker. We have a fun, friendly, upbeat, energetic close-knit office who enjoy working hard and taking great care of our wonderful patients. Our medical providers and nurses love teaching and sharing their knowledge to the next generation of healthcare students!
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply today by emailing a copy of your resume to [email protected].