Woman's Health Summary
• Women should stay active to prevent heart disease, the leading cause of death for women; aim for at least 30 minutes of movement 4-5 times a week.
• Reduce stress with activities such as therapy, meditation, or exercise.
• Aim for 1,000 milligrams of calcium per day; add calcium-rich foods such as salmon yogurt and almonds.
• Don’t skip annual doctor visits; follow recommended screenings for breast and cervical cancer.
• Focus on healthier eating habits rather than dieting. Consume all foods in moderation.
Women often feel overwhelmed and find themselves in places where they’re needed all day, whether that be at home or at work. Here are some health tips to make sure you are being taken care of as well, stay active.
It can be easy to skip this one when there are so many things that need to get done in a day, but exercise and consistent movement is one of the best ways to prevent heart disease. Which is the leading cause of death for women.
Aim for at least 30 minutes of movement, four or five times a week, minimize the stress between work and kids, friends, and family, and other pursuits, stress and anxiety could be manifesting. In other ways. Besides gray hairs like back pain, weight gain, and or high blood pressure, try therapy, meditation or exercise.
Don’t O.D. on calcium. Aim for a thousand milligrams a day, or try adding more calcium rich foods like salmon yogurt, almonds.
Don’t skip the annual doctor visits. Make sure you are following what your doctor recommends on screenings, especially for breast cancer and cervical cancer.
Stop dieting, focus on eating healthier foods rather than eating what is convenient in your busy schedule. Find a way to be consistent and eat everything in moderation.
I’m Dr. David Long. That was the long story short!