Heart Health Summary
– Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity per day
– Incorporate fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats into your diet
– Limit processed foods, fried foods, and sugary snacks
– Avoid smoking and heavy drinking
– Reduce stress levels and get regular checkups with your doctor
– Staying heart healthy can also improve mood and overall wellbeing
One of the best ways to keep your heart healthy is to stay active. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity per day. This could include anything from running to dancing, even cleaning the house. Not only will it help keep your ticker in top condition, but it can help reduce stress, improve mood, and increase overall wellbeing too. What’s not to love?
Your diet also plays a huge role in keeping your heart healthy. Try to limit unhealthy foods such as processed foods, fried foods, and sugary snacks instead, incorporate plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet, as well as lean proteins like fish, chicken, and eggs. And don’t forget about the healthy fats.
Try adding nuts, avocados and flax seeds into your meals for an extra boost. Of course, there are some lifestyle choices you should avoid too. When it comes to staying heart healthy, smoking is a huge no. It increases blood pressure and damages various areas of the heart.
Heavy drinking can also have adverse effects on the heart, so be sure to stick within the recommended guidelines.Taking steps such as reducing stress levels and getting regular checkups with your doctor will also help you go a long way in keeping your heart healthy.
I’m Dr. David Long. That was the long story short.
Hey, be sure and sign up for our email newsletter to get lots of great tips and great information to help you be the best youth possible.