• Fad diets promise unrealistic results in a short amount of time, often requiring consumers to purchase special products.
• These extreme diets can lead to nutrient deficiencies and health problems.
• They may involve over-the-top exercise routines which can be dangerous.
• Some fad diets may make no mention of exercise at all.
• Use common sense and seek expert advice before starting any new diet plan.
Are Fad Diets a Bad Idea?
Fad diets pop up everywhere, but these types of diets can be dangerous and lead to serious health problems. So how can you know if a Fad Diet is dangerous? A fad diet promises drastic and effortless weight loss results in an incredibly short amount of time.
This is usually a red flag warning that this way of eating will create unsustainable long-term habits. Often, you are encouraged to buy products such as supplements, special foods or drinks. Chances are they’re not gonna work and could possibly have dangerous ingredients.
They limit your food choices too severely and result in nutrient deficiencies and other health repercussions. Fad diets may encourage extreme workout routines.
This isn’t something that can be practiced long term and could lead to some serious injuries. Not only do some fad diets encourage extreme workout routines, but some can also make no mention of exercise at all.
Yes, what you eat and how much you eat does play a large part in losing weight, but exercising your body’s important too. At the end of the day, use common sense research reputable sources, and talk to your doctor before starting any new diet plan.
I’m Dr. David Long, and that was the long story short.
Hey, be sure and sign up for our email newsletter to get lots of great tips and great information to help you be the best you possible: lubbockcooperhealth.com/email