Lowering The Risk of Cancer Summary
• Eating more plants, such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains is beneficial for reducing cancer risk.
• Limiting processed meats and alcohol consumption is recommended.
• All forms of tobacco should be avoided.
• Exercise for 30 minutes daily and maintain a healthy weight.
• Stay out of the sun between 10am-4pm and use sunscreen when exposed to the sun.
• Invest in quality sleep habits, take necessary vaccines and get regular medical care.
• Early research suggests that over 40% of all cancers in the US can be attributed to preventable causes.
Have you ever wondered if there were actions you could take to lower your risk for different cancers while there’s no complete way to prevent cancer, take comfort in the fact that there are simple lifestyle choices that you can take now and maintain to lower your risk of cancer.
Here are practices and choices to be aware of and reducing your risk:
Number one, eat more plants like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
Number two, limit processed meats and alcohol.
Three, remove all forms of tobacco. No form is safe.
Number four, include 30 minutes of intentional movement or exercise daily.
Five work towards a healthy weight and maintain it.
Six, stay out of the sun between 10 and 4:00 PM. Protect your skin from the sun by generously using sunscreen on exposed skin, avoid tanning beds and sun lamps.
Seven, make quality sleep a priority. Invest what you need to to improve your sleeping habits.
Number eight, certain viruses that cause cancer take the vaccines necessary to prevent cancers like human papilloma virus and hepatitis B.
Number nine, get regular medical care for self exams and screenings to help detect cancer.
Early research has shown that more than 40% of all cancers in the United States can be attributed to preventable causes.Take the steps necessary to protect yourself from cancer!
I’m Dr. David Long. That was the long story short.