- Nutrition is the study of nutrients and their role in health and wellbeing.
- Eating a nutrient-rich diet involves consuming carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins, fiber, and water.
- To ensure optimal nutrition, choose foods like whole grains; fish, poultry, nuts and beans; healthy fats; and dark leafy greens.
- Drink plenty of water and consider taking a multivitamin for additional nutrients.
- Talk to your doctor if you need help creating a nutrient-rich lifestyle.
Do you often hear nutrition’s important to keep your body in shape and healthy, but what’s nutrition? We hear this word thrown around, but what does it mean exactly?
Nutrition is the study of nutrients in our food and drink how our body uses them. And the connection between diet health and disease, nutrients are proteins, carbohydrates, fats, minerals, vitamins, fiber, and water that nourish our bodies.
Eating healthy is important and helps you in all areas of your life. What we eat and how we eat affects each system in our bodies. Because those nutrients fuel every part of your body. Every time you eat, you’re either fueling your body for success or failure.
So what are good foods that have the nutrients that we need? One good carbs are better than no carbs.
Whole grains are your best bet. Number two, fish, poultry, nuts and beans are great. Sources of protein. Number three, choose foods with healthy fats, such as plant oils, nuts and fish.
Number four, eat fiber filled foods like whole grains, vegetables and fruits. Number five, calcium is important, but milk isn’t the only, or even the best source of calcium, dark leafy greens, legumes, seeds, nuts, and some fish are better options.
Number six, water, water, water. Water is used in every part of your body to function. Skip the sugary drinks and drink a glass of water. Instead. Number seven, if you think you’re still not getting enough nutrients, take a multivitamin.
If you need help or want assistance and create the best nutrient rich lifestyle for yourself. Talk to your doctor about it.
I’m Dr. David Long. That was the long story short.