Low Hormone Levels Summary
• Low hormone levels can lead to feeling sluggish, irritable, and having difficulty sleeping and concentrating.
• Primary hormones affected: Testosterone (men) & Estrogen (women).
• Effects of low hormone levels: Decreased energy & libido; Hair loss/thinning scalp; Anxiety, depression & memory problems.
• Options for addressing low hormone levels: Lifestyle changes, supplements or hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
• Proper care from healthcare professional can help get back on track towards feeling like best self.
Low hormone levels can be a real drag, both figuratively and literally. They may make you feel sluggish, irritable, and just plain blah.
Low hormone levels can also make it difficult to concentrate, have trouble sleeping, and even lead to weight game. The primary hormones that are affected when your levels are low are testosterone and estrogen.
Low testosterone in men can cause decrease in energy levels, difficulty with erections, hair loss, memory problems, and depression in women. Low estrogen can cause irregular menstrual cycles or no menstrual cycles at all.
Hot flashes, fatigue, anxiety, depression, reduced libido and thinning scalp pair. Getting your hormone levels optimized can be incredibly beneficial for your physical health and mental wellbeing. Your Dr. may recommend lifestyle changes such as exercising regularly, eating nutritious foods, and or taking supplements to help boost your hormones naturally.
If these measures don’t work or aren’t feasible for you, then more invasive methods like hormone replacement therapy might be necessary. With proper care from your healthcare professional, you should be able to get back on track towards feeling like your best self again in no time.
I’m Dr. David Long. That was the long story short.
Hey, be sure and sign up for our email newsletter to get lots of great tips and great information to help you be the best youth possible.